Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2nd Day of Hanuchristmakwanzakah: American Red Cross Style

Our song continues for day two! Yesterday, we learned (in musical fashion) to prepare our vehicle for traveling.

See, I wasn't that bad of a singer after all, and we got to do what we do best: be the disseminators of preparedness!

Excuse me while I prepare my beautiful singing voice for tip two (even though I am still voted off the American Red Cross - Dallas Area Chapter's choir... I think they are jealous of my mad skills... but don't tell).

me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

On the second day of Hanuchristmakwanzakah, the American Red Cross advised me!!!
To drive safely!
And prepare my vehicle for traveling!!!

It makes sense right? Just remember to avoid driving in a storm, but if you must, keep your gas tank full for emergency use and keep the fuel line from freezing. Let someone know your destination, route and when you expect to arrive. If you have a cell phone, keep it on you.

You know we wouldn't want you to get stranded and become Frosty, the Snowman. Unfortunately, my hair dryer will not reach far enough to defrost you.

Also, if you are on the road and in need to act out your favorite holiday movie... and that movie is A Christmas Story, don't do it! Your tongue WILL stick to the pole and the fire department WILL have to be called in and it WILL be on the news. Purchasing a leg lamp? Now, that's another story.

While you wait another 24 hours for the one and only 12 Days of Hanuchristmakwanzakah, I have included another great rendition of the song... with a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The American Red Cross-North Texas Region does not moderate comments prior to posting, and we gladly welcome your comments — supportive, dissenting, questioning or otherwise. In general, we do not delete or censor comments unless they:

· contain excessive profanity
· contain harsh or offensive language
· use flaming or threatening language
· are abusive
· are off-topic or an inappropriate tangent
· are blatantly spam
· promote or advertise businesses
· personally attack the blogger or other commenters

While the American Red Cross-North Texas Region seeks to inspire, educate and excite its readers, this blog is a resource for the community and inappropriate comments will not be allowed. Participants who violate this Comment Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.