Dallas firefighters on the scene of a 4-Alarm apartment fire in Cockrell Hill on May 29, 2010. More than 130 people were left homeless. (Photo by Allison Slomowitz/American Red Cross)
By Kristiana Kocis
Did you know that every 60 seconds*...
- More than 168 million emails are sent
- 695,000 status updates and 510,040 comments are published on Facebook
- Google serves more that 694,445 search queries
- More than 13,000 iPhone apps are downloaded
- 6,600 images are published on Flickr
- 600 videos (about 25 hours of content) are uploaded to YouTube
October is National Fire Prevention Month, and our friends at the Chicago Red Cross has created a way for you to get a glimpse of what losing some of your cherished photo memories would feel like with their “Every 80 Seconds” campaign. With home fires, “things” can usually be replaced, but precious photos usually cannot. After you go through this, take a moment to make sure your home and family are Red Cross Ready.
*statistics from GeekTyrant.com