As the 4th of July quickly approaches, we all prepare for a day off, grilling, vacations, celebrating our nation, and, of course, fireworks. Loud, colorful and glistening, fireworks can put a smile on anyone’s face. Make this the best 4th of July yet with these tips on how to enjoy fireworks safely!
- Be aware of burn bans and other firework laws in your county.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry location.
- Do not leave children unsupervised.
- Read and follow all package instructions before using any type of firework.
- Light fireworks in a clear area, away from other people and objects. Never jokingly point fireworks towards anything or anyone.
- Have a water source, such as a bucket or hose, nearby in case of emergency.
- After firework is finished burning, douse with water before disposing.
- If you are attending a fireworks show, follow all directions, stay behind all barriers, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep pets indoors! The loud noises of personal fireworks or a public show can be frightening, causing them to run away.
- Finally, always keep Firework by Katy Perry on hand. You never know when someone may need motivation to get into the fireworks spirit, and this will get the job done!
However you spend the holiday, enjoy the fireworks and have a lovely time! Happy Independence Day from the Red Cross!
For additional information on fire safety, visit RedCross.org.