Thursday, August 1, 2013

Practical Pet First Aid

by Cathryn Homier, volunteer contributor

You wouldn’t trade your furry friend for anything. I know I wouldn’t. Not even when I catch my dog snatching bites to eat from my dinner plate on the kitchen counter. Or when I’ve woken up, gasping for breath, because our cat has decided that the top of my chest is the best place to sleep for the night. 

I don’t know what my life would be like without my pets, so even the times when they’re getting in to trouble, I wouldn’t ever want to be without them. 

And it’s especially because I know they can get into trouble that I want to be prepared in case of an emergency. 

What is the right way to care for your cat if he’s just fallen down the stairs, and didn’t land on his feet? How will you know if your dog starts overheating after your regular morning walk? And what will you do if she does?

Join us for Pet First Aid Training at our
Fort Worth chapter Friday, August 2
Join the Red Cross DFW this Friday, August 2 to learn how to be prepared for emergencies that might involve your cat or dog. Our Cat and Dog First Aid presentation will teach you the prompt, effective first aid actions and care you need to know to protect yourself and an injured animal from further harm, injury or suffering during emergencies. 

All it takes is the wag in your dog’s tail or your cat purring in your lap to know that they love you for taking care of them. Reserve your spot today. After all, man’s best friend deserves the same first aid and emergency preparedness as man himself!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent post. It makes me realize the energy of words. I learn a lot, thank you! Wish you make a further progress in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool website buddy I am gona suggest this to all my list of contacts. shellyhawkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great reminder. We should always be aware of our pet’s health and first aid treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post! Such a great information which is very helpful for us. Pet Club India is intended to be the epicenter for all pet lovers, vets, dog toys, dog food, dog grooming products, pet training tolls and all accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article you have posted on this blogs. Seems like you affection towards pet is quite high,
    Find My Pet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha very realistic writing.My pet also thinks that top of my chest is the best place to sleep at night.But it's also true that I love the way it loves.And obviously thanks for the first aid sharing.Come to know lots of things.Just thanks a lot.
    pet waste removal

    ReplyDelete

The American Red Cross-North Texas Region does not moderate comments prior to posting, and we gladly welcome your comments — supportive, dissenting, questioning or otherwise. In general, we do not delete or censor comments unless they:

· contain excessive profanity
· contain harsh or offensive language
· use flaming or threatening language
· are abusive
· are off-topic or an inappropriate tangent
· are blatantly spam
· promote or advertise businesses
· personally attack the blogger or other commenters

While the American Red Cross-North Texas Region seeks to inspire, educate and excite its readers, this blog is a resource for the community and inappropriate comments will not be allowed. Participants who violate this Comment Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.