Earthquake? Tornado? Hurricane? Fire?
There’s an app (to prepare) for that.
The American Red Cross actively uses technology – to educate and prevent emergencies as well as during emergency situations. The American Red Cross app series already has 3 million downloads.
“These aps have truly changed how people get information at critical times,” said Anita Foster, regional chief communications officer. "We've used them ourselves and know them to be very helpful in emergencies."
September is National Preparedness Month so there's not better time than now to get ready for the next event. The app series is at RedCross.org/mobileapps; all apps can be downloaded directly from iTunes or Google Play app stores.
- Tornado App: The Tornado app puts everything you need to know prepare for a tornado – and all that comes with it – in the palm of your hand.
- Hurricane App: Monitor weather conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out.
- Shelter Finder App: The Shelter Finder displays open Red Cross shelters and their current population on an easy to use map interface.
- First Aid App: The official American Red Cross First Aid app offers videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
- Earthquake App: Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out.
- Wildfire App: Get the latest state-by-state Wildfire news and updates, prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out.
- Team Red Cross: Volunteer App: Make a difference, support your community and join Team Red Cross!