Summer in Dallas/Fort Worth is well underway and temperatures are on the rise! With the warmer, longer days, there’s an increase in outdoor activities; including the Rangers/Yankees series starting tonight in Arlington.
Here are a few tips to stay safe in the heat at Globe Life Park or any other time you’re outdoors this summer:
• Stay hydrated! Try to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day and grab a bottle of water at the ballpark.
• Make sure whatever team attire you’re wearing out there is loose-fitting and light-colored.
• Don’t forget to wear sunscreen when spending any time outdoors; especially at a baseball game where you could be sitting outside for over two hours.
• While everyone knows about protecting their skin from the summer heat, remember that the sun’s intensity is also dangerous for your eyes. Keep them covered with sunglasses or a Rangers baseball cap!
• Try to park your car in the shade as much as possible. Also, never leave your pets or children in a parked car, unattended – even if it is in the shade. The temperature in the vehicle will be even hotter than it is outside.
Stay safe out there this summer, & GO RANGERS!