If you do find yourself heading to our shelter, here are a few tips to make sure you have a happy experience:
- Bring your favorite pillow and blanket. Oh sure, we have some, but the ones you love will just make you feel better!
- Pack your prescription medications and other needed personal items in your overnight bag. Oh, and don't forget to bring any special foods to meet your dietary needs.
- Don't forget the little things like toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. We have that too, but you know it's hard to have a good hair day without your own conditioner!
- Don't leave your pets behind! The City of Dallas will provide a kennel for your furry friends.
- Bring things to keep your kids busy. While we're super fun people at the Red Cross, your kids will be so much happier with their own toys and games!
- With all of that said, pack light in case we're crowded. You can do it!
- Spread the word to anyone you know who needs a safe place to go. We'll keep the light on for you!
If you have any questions throughout this winter weather blast, just let us know by calling 214-678-4800. Bundle up and stay warm friends!