|We need your help getting|
ready for storm season!
Wednesday will be the one-year anniversary of the tornado outbreak that hit the Metroplex last April. While, thankfully, there were no deaths in that outbreak, more than 1,000 homes were destroyed or damaged, leaving residents to begin the lengthy clean-up process.
In the days after the storm, the Red Cross ran low on clean-up supplies, causing a delay in getting gloves, rakes, shovels and other materials out to people as they tried to sort through the wreckage. With spring storm season upon us again, we’re looking for your help to build our storm supply inventory, so we’ll have enough ready to provide to people in your community the next time disaster strikes.
We’re holding a Storm Supplies Drive all this week at DFW Red Cross locations. We’re looking for the following items*:
- Large men's leather work gloves
- 6 oz. insect repellent
- Flashlights with batteries
- LED lanterns with batteries
- Dust masks (in package)
- Gift cards of any value from Lowes, Home Depot or other local hardware store
*NEW items only please!
Monday-Friday, April 1-5, 9am - 4pm
Saturday, April 6, 10am - 6pm
- Dallas Chapter, 4800 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75235
- Chisholm Trail Chapter, 1515 S. Sylvania Avenue, Fort. Worth, Texas 76111
- Johnson County Branch, 915D North Nolan River Rd , Cleburne, TX 76033
- Corsicana Branch, 701 W. Second Ave., Corsicana, Texas 75110
- McKinney Branch, 1450 Redbud Blvd., McKinney, Texas 75069
- Denton Branch, 1200 Woodrow Lane 200, Denton, Texas 76205
Thank you in advance for your help making sure we’re ready!